- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen spinach
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles (cooked and drained)
- 2 to 3 cups cooked chicken (diced)
Heat the oven to 350 F /180 C / Gas 4.
Put 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese in a bowl to reserve for the topping; set aside.
Thaw the frozen spinach in a colander under running water. Press and squeeze it to remove as much water as possible.
In a second medium bowl, combine spinach, egg, 1/3 cup of Parmesan cheese, and ricotta cheese; mix well.
In the bottom of a 9" x 13" baking pan, spread 1/2 cup of the soup mixture. Arrange 4 lasagna noodles on the mixture. In layers, spoon about half of the ricotta cheese mixture, half of the chicken, 3/4 cup of Mozzarella cheese, and 1/3 of remaining soup mixture over noodles.
Repeat layers, with 4 lasagna noodles, remaining ricotta mixture, remaining chicken, another 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, and half of remaining soup mixture,
Top with remaining noodles, remaining soup mixture, reserved 1/2 cup Mozzarella cheese, and a generous sprinkling of Parmesan cheese.
Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Let the lasagna stand 15 minutes before serving.
- Replace the spinach in the recipe with the Swiss chard, cooked with a minced garlic clove and drained.
- Replace the chicken with diced cooked turkey.
- Replace half of the chicken with diced cooked ham.
- Add some sliced sauteed mushrooms to the mushroom sauce.
- Replace the condensed cream of mushroom soup with cream of chicken or cream of celery.
- Replace the condensed soup and milk mixture with about 4 cups of prepared Alfredo sauce.