|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 4 to 6 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 11g||14%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||20%|
|Total Carbohydrate 47g||17%|
|Dietary Fiber 9g||32%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (1 pound) package mixed frozen vegetables (carrots, beans, corn, and peas)
- 3 ribs celery, chopped, including tops
- 1 (14.5 ounces) can beef broth or about 2 cups homemade beef stock
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 (8 ounces) can tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup barley
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil)
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh, chopped parsley (or 2 tablespoons dried parsley)
- 1 (7 ounces) package macaroni
Brown the ground beef in a skillet or sauté pan; drain off the fat. You can reduce fat content even further by placing the beef in a colander and running hot water over it.
Put the beef and all ingredients except the pasta into the crockpot. Add water to within an inch or so of the top of the crockpot.
Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours.
About 30 minutes before serving, cook pasta in boiling salted water; add to the crockpot.