A little marmalade, soy sauce, and an apple add to the flavor of these easy slow cooker Cornish game hens.
- 1 large cooking apple (cored, cut in quarters)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 Rock Cornish game hens
- 1 cup dry white win (or blush wine)
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1/2 lemon (juice and rind)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dip apple quarters into soy sauce, and put one into the cavity of each Cornish hen.
- Stir wine, marmalade, lemon rind and juice, salt and pepper into remaining soy sauce and brush over Cornish hens.
- Place the hens breast-side down in a 5 to 6-quart slow cooker; pour the remaining sauce over all.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 hours. Baste occasionally after 4 hours of cooking.
- Arrange the game hens on a heated serving platter; serve with rice.
You Might Also Like
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||9 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|