- Food writer, recipe developer, and author of three cookbooks
- Culinary school graduate
- Worked in gourmet cheese and wine stores in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, and Los Angeles
- More than a decade of experience in the food industry as cook, server, and restaurant manager
Jennifer Meier is a former writer for The Spruce, contributing articles and recipes for eight years. She completed her culinary school degree by working as an assistant fromager in a New York restaurant. After that, she worked for cheese and wine shops, restaurants, and catering companies across the country. Her freelance writing covers all topics relating to food and drink, but she is especially knowledgeable about cheese. As well, she has developed skills and interest in developing recipes for specific diet plans, such as paleo, ketogenic, gluten-free, low-carb, and vegan. She is the co-author of three Primal Blueprint cookbooks and worked as a consulting chef for Primal Blueprint.
Jennifer is a graduate of the University of Washington in Seattle and a 2002 graduate of the California Culinary Academy in San Francisco.
Awards and Publications
- "The Primal Blueprint Cookbook: Primal, Low Carb, Paleo, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free and Gluten-Free (Primal Blueprint Series)"
- "Primal Blueprint Healthy Sauces, Dressings and Toppings"
- "Primal Blueprint Quick and Easy Meals : Delicious, Primal-Approved Meals You Can Make in Under 30 Minutes"
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.