Jennifer Meier is a food writer who has co-authored three bestselling cookbooks for the Primal Blueprint cookbook series. She is also a cookbook ghostwriter and helps develop proposals and books about cooking, food, diet plans, health, and wellness. Jennifer has her own food blog and is a recipe development consultant for SANS Meal Bar.
- Co-author of "The Primal Blueprint Cookbook," "Primal Blueprint Quick & Easy Meals," and "Primal Blueprint Healthy Sauces, Dressings & Toppings"
- Creator of Kitchen Skip, a recipe blog for busy parents
- Specializes in writing and developing recipes for the paleo diet
- Holds a degree in culinary arts from the California Culinary Academy in San Francisco
- Worked in gourmet cheese and wine stores in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, and Los Angeles
- More than a decade of experience in the food industry as a cook, server, and restaurant manager
Jennifer Meier is a former writer for The Spruce, contributing articles and recipes for eight years. She completed her culinary school degree by working as an assistant fromager in a New York restaurant. After that, Jennifer worked for cheese and wine shops, restaurants, and catering companies across the country. Her freelance writing covers all topics relating to food and drink, but she is especially knowledgeable about cheese. Jennifer develops recipes for specific diet plans, such as paleo, ketogenic, gluten free, low carb, and vegan. She worked as a consulting chef for Primal Blueprint and develops all-natural meal replacement bars.
Jennifer is a graduate of the University of Washington in Seattle and a 2002 graduate of the California Culinary Academy in San Francisco.
Awards and Publications
Along with Mark Sisson, Jennifer authored three books published by Primal Nutrition, Inc., focusing on healthy eating: "The Primal Blueprint Cookbook," "Primal Blueprint Healthy Sauces, Dressings & Toppings," and "Primal Blueprint Quick & Easy Meals: Delicious, Primal-Approved Meals You Can Make in Under 30 Minutes."
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.