Jennifer Murray is a Hawaii-based food writer and recipe developer. She focuses on vegan and raw food and was head chef at a Kauai restaurant.
- Food writer
- Co-author of three cookbooks featuring vegan or raw food
- Co-owner and head chef of the Blossoming Lotus restaurant
Jennifer Murray is a former writer for The Spruce. She has co-authored three cookbooks focused on vegan and raw cuisine. She teaches classes internationally, demonstrating the ease and delectability of vegan cooking, baking, and raw food preparation.
Before becoming an author, Murray was a head chef for the celebrated Blossoming Lotus restaurant. She also opened the Lotus Root Juice Bar & Bakery for the Blossoming Lotus, an organic health-food cafe on Kauai.
Jennifer Murray attended the University of Massachusetts Amherst. She has an associate's degree from the Fashion Institute of Technology.
Awards and Publications
- The Blossoming Lotus restaurant won The Honolulu Advertiser's Ilima Award for Best Kauai Restaurant.
- She is a co-author of three cookbooks.
- "The Complete Idiot's Guide to Eating Raw"
- "The 30-Minute Vegan"
- "The 30-Minute Vegan's Taste of the East"
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.