- Freelance food writer and trained chef who has been involved in the food and kitchenware industry for more than 15 years.
- Culinary school graduate
- Recipe developer for major food manufacturers
- Author of eight cookbooks
Jessica Goldbogen Harlan is a former writer for The Spruce, contributing articles for eight years. With dozens of cookbooks on her shelves and kitchen cabinets that bulge with appliances, gadgets, and cookware, Jessica is an avid and accomplished cook. Jessica has also worked in restaurant kitchens, as a caterer, and has developed recipes for major food manufacturers. She is the author of eight cookbooks. She also teaches recreational cooking classes at a cooking equipment retailer.
Jessica is a graduate of the professional culinary program of the Institute of Culinary Education in New York City. She also holds a degree in English Rhetoric from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
Awards and Publications
- "The 5-Ingredient Vegetarian Pressure Cooker Cookbook: Fresh Pressure Cooker Recipes for Meals in Minutes"
- "Ramen to the Rescue Cookbook: 120 Creative Recipes for Easy Meals Using Everyone's Favorite Pack of Noodles"
- "Mason Jar Lunches: 50 Pretty, Portable Packed Lunches (Including) Delicious Soups, Salads, Pastas and More"
- "The Simple Art of Salt Block Cooking: Grill, Cure, Bake and Serve with Himalayan Salt Blocks"
- "Tortillas to the Rescue: Scrumptious Snacks, Mouth-Watering Meals and Delicious Desserts--All Made with the Amazing Tortilla"
- "Crazy for Breakfast Sandwiches: 75 Delicious, Handheld Meals Hot Out of Your Sandwich Maker"
- "Quinoa Cuisine: 150 Creative Recipes for Super Nutritious, Amazingly Delicious Dishes"
- "Homemade Condiments: Artisan Recipes Using Fresh, Natural Ingredients"
She has written about cooking equipment for a number of trade and consumer publications, including Pilates Style, Consumers Digest, Home Furnishings News, Food Arts, lovetoknow.com, and lime.com.
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.