|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 1 pot (6 to 8 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 8g||11%|
|Saturated Fat 4g||18%|
|Total Carbohydrate 24g||9%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Joe's great-tasting potato soup recipe is made with onions, potatoes, and other seasonings and is delicious and easy to make in the crockpot.
- 8 large potatoes (cubed)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 tablespoons parsley flakes (dry)
- 6 cup water
- 2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup flour mixed with water
Place potatoes, onions, butter, bouillon, parsley, and water in the slow cooker/crock pot and cook all day on low to medium. 1/2 hour to one hour before serving; add milk and flour mixture.
After the soup thickens, it is ready to serve.
- Add 1/4 pound of Velveeta cheese for cheese potato soup.
- 1 can evaporated milk may be substituted for the regular milk.