- Author of five books about vegetarian and vegan cuisine including "The Vegan Pregnancy Cookbook" and "The Big Book of Vegan Recipes"
- International vegetarian and vegan advocate and speaker
- Wrote for and profiled by major cooking publications such as American Vegan and Food and Home Magazine
Jolinda Hackett is a former writer for The Spruce, contributing hundreds of vegetarian and vegan recipes and articles. She has been a vegetarian for over 20 years and made the transition to a vegan diet 14 years ago. Jolinda has traveled, shopped, and lived as a vegetarian all across North America, the Caribbean, and most of Asia. While working for vegetarian advocacy organizations, she has spent thousands of hours promoting benefits of a plant-based diet to audiences across the U.S. and Canada and has volunteered for dozens of animal protection groups, farm animal rescue, and domestic animal shelters.
She has been interviewed by and appeared in American Vegan magazine, Food and Home Magazine, the Daily Nexus, the Santa Barbara News Press, the Jerusalem Post, KEYT news, the Spanish-language La Opinion, and on WZRD radio in Chicago.
Jolinda has attended numerous conferences and lectures with Dr. Michael Gregor, Dr. Carol Adams, Bruce Friedrich, and Howard Lyman amongst other leaders in vegetarian health and advocacy, and studied religion, food, and ethics as part of her M.A.
She studied holistic nutrition and natural health in Thailand under the guidance of a UK certified nutritionist while managing an alternative health center and guiding raw vegan retreats and cleanses.Awards and Publications
- "The Everything Vegan Cookbook" (Everything, 2010)
- "The Vegan Pregnancy Cookbook" (Adams Media, 2013)
- "The Big Book of Vegan Recipes" (Adams Media, 2013)
- "Cookouts Veggie Style" (Adams Media, 2011)
- "The Daily Vegan Planner" (Adams Media, 2011)
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.