Jolinda Hackett is a prolific author, with frequent media appearances and lectures in news outlets around the world. She wrote for The Spruce, contributing hundreds of vegetarian and vegan recipes and articles. Her comprehensive cookbooks showcase a wide range of vegan eating options.
- Author of five books about vegetarian and vegan cuisine, including "The Vegan Pregnancy Cookbook" and "The Big Book of Vegan Recipes"
- International vegetarian and vegan advocate and speaker
- Wrote for and profiled by major cooking publications, including American Vegan and Food & Home magazine
Jolinda Hackett has been a vegetarian for over 20 years and made the transition to a vegan diet 14 years ago. Jolinda has traveled, shopped, and lived as a vegetarian all across North America, the Caribbean, and most of Asia. While working for vegetarian advocacy organizations, she has spent thousands of hours promoting the benefits of a plant-based diet to audiences across the U.S. and Canada. Jolinda has also volunteered for dozens of animal protection groups, farm animal rescue, and domestic animal shelters.
She has been interviewed by and appeared in American Vegan magazine, Food & Home magazine, the Daily Nexus, the Santa Barbara News Press, The Jerusalem Post, KEYT news, the Spanish-language La Opinión, and on WZRD radio in Chicago.
Jolinda has attended numerous conferences and lectures with Dr. Michael Gregor, Dr. Carol Adams, Bruce Friedrich, Howard Lyman, and other leaders in vegetarian health and advocacy, and studied religion, food, and ethics as part of her M.A.
She studied holistic nutrition and natural health in Thailand under the guidance of a U.K.-certified nutritionist while managing an alternative health center and guiding raw vegan retreats and cleanses.
Awards and Publications
- "The Everything Vegan Cookbook" (Everything, 2010)
- "The Vegan Pregnancy Cookbook" (Adams Media, 2013)
- "The Big Book of Vegan Recipes" (Adams Media, 2013)
- "Cookouts Veggie Style" (Adams Media, 2011)
- "The Daily Vegan Planner" (Adams Media, 2011)
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.