Joshua M. Bernstein is a journalist specializing in beer, spirits, food, travel, and other intoxicating ways of the world, as well as an occasional tour guide, event producer, and consultant
- Joshua has written for The Spruce Eats since May 2020.
- He regularly contributes to The New York Times, Wine Enthusiast, Men’s Journal and Imbibe, where he is a contributing editor in charge of beer coverage.
- Joshua studied magazine journalism at Ohio University.
Joshua M. Bernstein is a journalist specializing in beer, spirits, food, travel, and other intoxicating ways of the world, as well as an occasional tour guide, event producer, and consultant. He writes for The New York Times, Men’s Journal, New York magazine, Wine Enthusiast, and Imbibe, where he’s a contributing editor in charge of beer coverage. Bernstein is also the author of five books: Brewed Awakening, The Complete Beer Course, Complete IPA, Homebrew World, and Drink Better Beer. He lives with his wife and daughter in Brooklyn, where he likes riding his bike, eating dumplings, and checking out the street art.
Joshua studied magazine journalism at Ohio University.
- A Beer Lover’s Nightmare: They’re Dumping Draft Brew, The New York Times
- Dessert-Inspired Beers Offer A Taste of Nostalgia, Imbibe
- Hard Seltzer’s Race to Differentiate, Seven Fifty
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.