Joy Manning is a writer, editor, and recipe developer focused on food and health. She is also the author of Stuff Every Cook Should Know and Almost Meatless.
- Joy has written for The Spruce Eats since April 2020.
- Her work has appeared on sites such as The Kitchn.com, Epicurious.com, MensHealth.com, and the Washington Post.
- She has a BA in creative writing from New York University and a Master’s of English and Creative Writing from Temple University.
Joy is a former editor at Prevention magazine and TastingTable.com. Her writing has been nominated for both a James Beard Journalism Award and an IACP Award. She’s the author of Stuff Every Cook Should Know, Almost Meatless, and the recipe editor of Zahav: A World of Israeli Cooking. She lives in Philadelphia.
Joy has a BA in creative writing from New York University and a Master’s of English and Creative Writing from Temple University.
- A Food Lover’s Guide to Crohn’s and Colitis, Epicurious.com
- Eat Well with What’s on Hand, SilverSneakers.com
- Chef Jennifer Carroll’s pop-up dinners around Philly are a taste of Restaurant Wars, Philly.com
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.