Joy Manning is a writer, editor, and recipe developer focused on food and health. She is also the author of Stuff Every Cook Should Know and Almost Meatless.
- Joy has written for The Spruce Eats since April 2020.
- Her work has appeared on sites such as The Kitchn.com, Epicurious.com, MensHealth.com, and the Washington Post.
- She has a BA in creative writing from New York University and a Master’s of English and Creative Writing from Temple University.
Joy is a former editor at Prevention magazine and TastingTable.com. Her writing has been nominated for both a James Beard Journalism Award and an IACP Award. She’s the author of Stuff Every Cook Should Know, Almost Meatless, and the recipe editor of Zahav: A World of Israeli Cooking. She lives in Philadelphia.
Joy has a BA in creative writing from New York University and a Master’s of English and Creative Writing from Temple University.
- A Food Lover’s Guide to Crohn’s and Colitis, Epicurious.com
- Eat Well with What’s on Hand, SilverSneakers.com
- Chef Jennifer Carroll’s pop-up dinners around Philly are a taste of Restaurant Wars, Philly.com
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.