This fabulous cheesecake recipe is made with key lime juice and zest, along with the cream cheese and eggs. It's baked in a springform pan with a buttery graham cracker crust.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1 (8 oz.) carton sour cream
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated lime rind
- 1/2 cups Key lime juice
- Heat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas Mark 4).
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well. Firmly press mixture in bottom and 1" up sides of a buttered 9" springform pan. Bake crust at 350° F (180° C/Gas Mark 4) for 8 minutes; cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 1 1/4 cups sugar. Add egg yolks one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in sour cream, lime rind, and Key lime juice.
- Beat egg whites at high speed until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture. Pour batter into prepared crust, and bake at 350° F (180° C/Gas Mark 4) for 1 hour and 5 minutes; turn oven off. Partially open oven door; let cheesecake cool in oven 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and immediately run a knife around edge of pan to release sides.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack; cover and chill 8 hours.
Author's Note: I am sure you know that Key lime juice is sold in bottles, and is quite different from regular lime juice. Hope you try and enjoy this!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||26 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||7 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|