These turkey burgers are made with a combination of turkey thighs and turkey breast, making them lean but still juicy.
These moist and juicy turkey burgers are flavored with finely chopped onion, garlic, cilantro, and lime juice. In addition, these well-seasoned turkey burgers are low in fat and calories. If you aren't a fan of cilantro, feel free to leave it out or add some chopped fresh parsley.
Top these easy baked burgers with a flavorful salsa or spicy Sriracha mayonnaise blend.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 pound ground turkey thighs
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro*
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning or a seasoned salt mixture
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup fine dry bread crumbs, unseasoned
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Heat the oven to 400 F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil; spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and cook, stirring, until the onion is tender and begins to brown. Add the minced garlic and continue cooking, stirring, for about 2 minutes.
- Combine the ground turkey with the chopped cilantro, lemon or lime juice, seasonings, bread crumbs, egg, and onion and garlic mixture. Mix until ingredients are well blended.
- Shape the turkey mixture into 3-ounce burgers. Arrange the burgers on the prepared baking pan.
- Bake the burgers at 400 F for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked through.**
- Serve these flavorful burgers with a chunky salsa, a spicy chili mayonnaise, or barbecue sauce.
- Makes about 8 to 12 turkey burgers or sliders, depending on size.
*Use chopped fresh parsley in place of the cilantro if you don't care for the flavor of cilantro.
**According to the foodsafety.gov, ground poultry must be cooked to a minimum of 165 F on a food thermometer. Check the burgers using an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a burger.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||7 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|