|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 7g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||7%|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These turkey burgers are made with a combination of ground turkey thighs and turkey breasts, making them lean but still juicy. The moist and juicy turkey burgers are flavored with finely chopped onion, garlic, cilantro, and lime juice. A little Creole seasoning adds even more flavor (a Cajun blend also works). If you aren't a fan of cilantro, feel free to leave it out or add some chopped fresh parsley.
Low in fat and calories, these well-seasoned turkey burgers are quick and easy since you can bake them all at once in the oven instead of flipping burger after burger on the stovetop or grill. Along with an egg and breadcrumbs, baking also helps keeps the turkey burgers whole and prevent them from falling apart. They can easily be made into full-size burgers or tasty sliders. Top these easy baked burgers with a flavorful salsa or spicy Sriracha mayonnaise blend.
Click Play to See This Recipe Come Together
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 pound ground turkey thighs
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1/3 cup fine dry breadcrumbs, unseasoned
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or lime juice)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning (or a seasoned salt mixture)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 8 to 10 hamburger buns, toasted if desired
- For Serving: lettuce, tomato, salsa, flavored mayonnaise, barbecue sauce
Gather the ingredients.
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 400 F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
In a medium nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the finely chopped onion and cook, stirring, until the onion is tender and begins to brown. Add the minced garlic and continue cooking, stirring, for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Combine the ground turkey thighs and breasts with the breadcrumbs, chopped cilantro, lemon or lime juice, egg, Creole seasoning, salt, pepper, and onion and garlic mixture. Mix until the ingredients are well blended.
Shape the turkey mixture into 8 (4 3/4-ounce) burgers. Arrange the burgers on the prepared baking pan.
Bake the burgers in the preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle and cooked through.
Serve these flavorful burgers on buns with your choice of fixings.
- According to the USDA, ground poultry must be cooked to a minimum of 165 F on a food thermometer. Check the burgers using an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of a burger.
- Alternatively, form the mixture into smaller patties (2 ounces) to yield about 19 sliders. You may need to adjust the baking time accordingly.
- Use chopped fresh parsley in place of the cilantro if you don't care for the flavor of cilantro
- Swap out the spices for your favorite spice blend