The best chocolate chip cookies in my book are big, fat, chewy and loaded with chocolate chips. These jumbo chocolate chip cookies fit that description perfectly. Moist, chewy and melt-in-your-mouth good, these chocolate chip cookies are everything a great chocolate chip cookie should be - and you don't have to go to a bakery to get them. You may be surprised to find that this recipe includes yeast - just a touch. It gives these chocolate chip cookies a little lift, but they are still wonderfully crispy on the outside and chewy inside.
Don't Miss: Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes | How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter (at room temperature)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon rapid rise yeast (or active dry yeast)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips (dark or semi-sweet)
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugars together with an electric mixer.
- Beat in eggs until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Lightly scoop flour with a spoon into a measuring cup (not a coffee cup or drinking cup). Then level with a knife. It is important to measure the flour correctly or this recipe won't turn out right.
- Sprinkle the flour over the butter-sugar mixture, but do not mix it in yet. Sprinkle the yeast and salt over the flour.
- Now mix in the dry ingredients, just until it becomes a soft dough. Do not overmix.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- At this point, it's ideal if you chill the dough 24-36 hours. But if you're impatient (and who isn't when it comes to making cookies), you can bake these right away.
- Line a heavy cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat (compare prices). Alternatively, just use a heavy, insulated, ungreased cookie sheet.
- Use an ice cream scoop or a 3/4-cup measuring cup to portion dough onto the cookie sheet. Leave about an inch room between the cookies. You will have room for 4-6 cookies on one sheet. Do not use two cookie sheets! Bake in batches on the center rack, or the cookies won't turn out right.
- Place cookie sheet on the center rack of the oven. Bake 10 minutes. Without removing the cookies, turn oven temperature down to 350 degrees. Bake another 8-12 minutes, until the cookies are browned around the edges, but not in the center.
- Important: Cool on the cookie sheet for at least 10 minutes before serving. The cookies are still "baking" (absorbing residual heat) at this point, so if you remove them too soon, they may not be cooked through.
- Remove cookies to a rack and repeat with remaining cookie dough.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||31 g|
|Saturated Fat||14 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|