Justin Park is a freelance writer and videographer specializing in food, health, outdoors, and fitness. His work has appeared in USA Today, Men's Health, Shape, and more.
- Justin has written for The Spruce Eats since December 2018.
- His work has appeared in Shape, USA Today, Men's Health, and more.
- He received the 2016 Associated Press Sports Editors' Award for Investigative Writing.
- He has his Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (C.S.C.S) and a Master of Science from Syracuse University's Newhouse School.
Justin's grandmother and parents showed him the value of farm-to-table eating at a young age when his family moved back to his grandfather's dairy farm in Upstate New York. As a young journalist, he used his nights and weekends to start a mini-farm of organic vegetables and later got his Master Gardener certification in both Hawaii and Colorado. He now gardens to supplement his groceries at 10,000 feet in the Rockies and appreciates fresh produce more than ever. In addition to writing about food, Justin enjoys photographing food and creating how-to cooking videos for cookware brands and chefs. He received the 2016 Associated Press Sports Editors' Award for Investigative Writing as part of a team covering the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
Justin has an MS in Journalism and IT from Syracuse University's Newhouse School and his C.S.C.S. certification. He received the 2016 Associated Press Sports Editors' Award for Investigative Writing.
- 8 Healthy Holiday Food Swaps, Shape
- Backcountry Feasts: Cooking Gourmet at a Campsite, Shoulders of Giants
- The Right to Talk Trash, Reason
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.