Beet-infused goat cheese sounds fancy but it's actually super easy! And when you add sauteed kale and three kinds of mushrooms, this veg-loaded grilled cheese becomes even more colorful and flavorful.
- Begin by chopping your beets into teeny tiny little squares.
- Mix them into the goat cheese and stir until completely incorporated.
- Smear half of the goat cheese onto one slice of bread, and smear the other half onto the other slice of bread.
- Onto one-half, add the sauteed kale, making sure to squeeze it so that the excess liquid comes out before you put it on the sandwich.
- Next, add the sauteed mushrooms and close the sandwich up with the other slice of goat cheese smeared bread.
- Smear butter onto the exterior of the sandwich and set aside.
- Heat up a medium sized pan or a panini press to medium and add the sandwich in.
- Allow the sandwich to cook for a few minutes on each side until both sides are completely golden and brown and the cheese has started to soften up.
- Since it's fresh goat cheese, the cheese won't necessarily melt like a cheddar or mozzarella. It will get soft and creamy though, so that's what you should be looking for.
- After a few minutes on each side, the sandwich should be ready. Allow it to sit for a few minutes just to firm up and then serve!
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||17 g|
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|