- 1 1/4 cup/300 mL ketchup
- 1 cup/240 mL water
- 1/3 cup/80 mL cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL molasses
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL onion powder
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL black pepper
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL celery salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL allspice
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cayenne (use less if desired)
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over a medium heat. Stir constantly for 5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. The sauce should be good and thick.
2. Remove pot from heat and allow sauce to cool for 10-15 minutes before using. If making ahead of time, cool sauce for 30 minutes and then store in an airtight container. Keep in refrigerator for 5 days after initial preparation.
Warm sauce on stove top or in microwave before using. Sauce should be warm, but not too hot. Use on ribs or as instructed or serve as a side sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|