|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: Makes 1 1/8 cups (serves 12)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 0g||1%|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
In Kansas City, they know BBQ ribs. This is the barbecue pork rib rub recipe for traditional Kansas City-Style Ribs. Finish these ribs off with a good barbecue sauce and you'll have a fantastic meal. This rub is so good that you will want to keep a shaker bottle handy for more than just ribs: chicken, pork chops, even sweet potatoes, the possibilities are endless!
- 1/2 cup/120 mL brown sugar
- 1/4 cup/60 mL paprika
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL black pepper
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL salt
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL chili powder
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL onion powder
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL cayenne
Gather the ingredients.
Combine all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
Either use immediately or transfer to an airtight container.
- This rub may be stored up to six months in a cool, dark place.
- If using immediately, apply rub evenly over ribs.
- The rack of ribs should be dry to the touch, so pat it dry with paper towels before sprinkling with the rub mixture.
- The general rule with rubs is what sticks to the meat is the perfect amount.
Use This Rub For: