Karen is a freelance writer who covers food and drinks. Her work has appeared in Lucky Peach, Edible Manhattan/Brooklyn/Queens, Chowhound.com, Frenchly, PasteMagazine.com, and more. She is a Former Executive Chef and VP at Goldman Sachs NYC.
- Karen has written for The Spruce Eats since August 2020.
- Her work has appeared in Lucky Peach, Edible Manhattan/Brooklyn/Queens, Chowhound.com, Frenchly, PasteMagazine.com, and more.
- Karen attended The New School.
Karen has written for Lucky Peach, Edible Manhattan/Brooklyn/Queens, Chowhound.com, Frenchly, Paste, Best American Poetry.com, and other publications. Her interests include food history, philosophy and culture, cookbooks of all kinds, and researching unique or unusual cooking tools and techniques. She’s also obsessed with finding not only the best but the easiest ways to love cooking and eating for one or for multitudes at all levels of dedicated time and money.
Though a long-time Brooklyn resident, she’s also lived in the rural South, the Florida Keys, New England and Paris. In recent years she’s traveled to Budapest, Kyiv, and Paris during their Fashion Weeks as a photographer and writer, always finding the best authentic pastries along the way.
Karen has a degree from The New School.
- Can’t Be Tamed, A Wild Food Addiction, Edible Queens.com
- Cushcush, Skillygalee, and Other Southern Breakfasts You’ve Probably Never Eaten, Chowhound.com
- 33 Amazing French Holiday Sweets that are Literally Works of Art, Frenchly US
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.