This is an easy slow-cooker chili recipe made with lean ground beef, tomatoes, and pinto beans.
By using a purchased chili mix and canned diced tomatoes, canned tomato sauce and canned pinto beans, this delicious ground-beef dinner couldn't be more simple to create. It requires 8 to 10 hours of cooking in a slow cooker set on low. Just set it and forget it.
Serve in warm bowls with a side of warm cornbread and butter.
- 1 pound lean ground beef, 85% to 90% lean
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with onion and garlic
- 2 (15-ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 envelope McCormick chili seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or to taste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder or to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Brown the ground beef with the onion. Drain.
- Transfer the ground beef and onion mixture along with the remaining ingredients to slow cooker; stir to blend.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Serve in heated bowls with hot cornbread and butter on the side.
Note: For thicker chili, add a few tablespoons of cornmeal about 30 minutes before it's done.
You Also Might Like
- Hearty Slow Cooker Chicken Chili Recipe: Because boneless, skinless chicken breasts are used in place of pork or beef, this is a relatively light and low-calorie dish. Use any canned beans you have on hand including great northern beans, kidney beans, navy beans, black beans, and cannellini beans.
- Slow-Cooker No-Bean Chili with Beef Recipe: This all-meat, no-bean chili lends itself to all kinds of variations. Use coarse or regular ground beef, stewing beef, or a mixture of ground beef and ground pork or bulk sausage. Stewed tomatoes, crushed tomatoes, fire-roasted tomatoes or chili-seasoned tomatoes all are good choices.
- Slow-Cooker Chili with Ground Beef Recipe: Here's another slow-cooker beef chili recipe but this time, bell peppers, chopped celery, and chili powder are used. Chopped fresh or canned jalapeno peppers can be added for some spice.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||11 g|
|Saturated Fat||4 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||4 g|
|Dietary Fiber||31 g|