Kathy Kinglsey is an author, recipe developer, and editor. She has over 15 years of experience in the culinary and publishing world.
- Experienced food writer
- Author of seven cookbooks
- Owned and ran a bakery
- Editorial director for Fine Cooking magazine/Taunton Press
Kathy Kingsley is a former writer for The Spruce, contributing articles and recipes for more than four years. She has been active in the food and publishing world since 1994 in many capacities and has written many cookbooks. Kathy is currently the editorial director for Fine Cooking magazine where she is a content producer for the award-winning "Moveable Feast With Fine Cooking" on PBS.
In addition to being a food editor and writing for magazines and websites, she was a spokesperson and lead recipe developer for Nestlé. She was also food editor for Vegetarian Times magazine and owned and ran a bakery.
Kathy Kingsley has a bachelor's degree in communications and studied culinary arts at The New School in New York City.
Awards and Publications
- Kathy Kingsley has been published in magazines including Cooking Light, Eating Well, Health magazine, Yankee magazine, Woman’s Day, and Fine Cooking. And she is the author of seven cookbooks.
- "The Home Creamery" (Storey Publishing)
- "Chocolate Therapy" (Fair Winds Press)
- "The Big Book of Vegetarian" (Chronicle Books)
- "The Complete Vegetarian Handbook" (Chronicle Books)
- "Woman's Day Cookbook" (Viking Press)
- "Chocolate Cakes" (Hyperion)
- "Woman's Day Desserts" (Viking Press)
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.