Katie Workman is an award-winning blogger and cookbook author who writes for a variety of publications and regularly appears on TV shows and radio.
- Wrote two cookbooks and writes an award-winning blog
- Contributes to a long list of magazines and websites
- Regular appearances in broadcast media
- Hunger advocate
Katie Workman is a former writer for The Spruce, contributing articles and recipes for four years. She is an award-winning blogger and cookbook author who has worked in the publishing industry for more than 20 years. She works selectively with brands as a spokesperson and creating content and recipes.
Katie was the founding partner and editor in chief at Cookstr.com. She was a senior editor with Clarkson Potter for 12 years, specializing in cookbooks. Her articles, recipes, and interviews have appeared widely in print, online, radio, and television.
Katie sits on the board of City Harvest, New York’s leading food rescue nonprofit, and for the past 25 years has been an active supporter of Share Our Strength, a hunger relief organization dedicated to eradicating childhood hunger.
Katie Workman earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from George Washington University, with majors in British and American literature and minors in psychology and philosophy.
Awards and Publications
- Katie has written for many popular print and online media outlets, including The Wall Street Journal, Food52, Better Homes & Gardens, The Kitchn, Rachael Ray Every Day, and more.
- She has been featured in various national media such as "The Today Show," "Big Morning Buzz Live," and "The Talk." She has appeared several times on NPR’s "All Things Considered" and regularly on "Daybreak USA."
- Her Themom100.com blog won the 2013 BlogHer Voices of the Year award.
- "The Mom 100 Cookbook" was nominated for an IACP award and selected by Cooking Light as one of the best 100 books of the past 25 years.
- "Dinner Solved!"
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.