Katie Workman is an award-winning blogger and cookbook author who writes for a variety of publications and regularly appears on TV shows and radio.
- Wrote two cookbooks and writes an award-winning blog
- Contributes to a long list of magazines and websites
- Regular appearances in broadcast media
- Hunger advocate
Katie Workman is a former writer for The Spruce, contributing articles and recipes for four years. She is an award-winning blogger and cookbook author who has worked in the publishing industry for more than 20 years. She works selectively with brands as a spokesperson and creating content and recipes.
Katie was the founding partner and editor in chief at Cookstr.com. She was a senior editor with Clarkson Potter for 12 years, specializing in cookbooks. Her articles, recipes, and interviews have appeared widely in print, online, radio, and television.
Katie sits on the board of City Harvest, New York’s leading food rescue nonprofit, and for the past 25 years has been an active supporter of Share Our Strength, a hunger relief organization dedicated to eradicating childhood hunger.
Katie Workman earned a Bachelor of Arts degree from George Washington University, with majors in British and American literature and minors in psychology and philosophy.
Awards and Publications
- Katie has written for many popular print and online media outlets, including The Wall Street Journal, Food52, Better Homes & Gardens, The Kitchn, Rachael Ray Every Day, and more.
- She has been featured in various national media such as "The Today Show," "Big Morning Buzz Live," and "The Talk." She has appeared several times on NPR’s "All Things Considered" and regularly on "Daybreak USA."
- Her Themom100.com blog won the 2013 BlogHer Voices of the Year award.
- "The Mom 100 Cookbook" was nominated for an IACP award and selected by Cooking Light as one of the best 100 books of the past 25 years.
- "Dinner Solved!"
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.