The Bottom Line
This $350USD 4-burner gas grill is a full function unit that boasts a good sized cooking area, side burner, and a stainless steel body. Unfortunately, the low-quality materials, low heat output, and poor construction limit the durability and function of this gas grill. The grill belongs to Sears' Kenmore brand of gas grills and while shiny is made of low-grade stainless steel, the kind of stainless steel that rusts, discolors and simply won't last.
Inexpensive stainless steel grill
Low-grade stainless steel construction
Lightweight, low-quality burners
- Four 10,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 422 square inches of primary cooking area for a total of 589 square inches of grilling space
- 40,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 13,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Porcelain-coated cast iron cooking grates
- 430 stainless steel and powder coated steel body and frame
- Electric (AA-Battery) ignition
- Propane tank, rotisserie kit and cover sold separately
- Made by Permasteel in China exclusively for Sears' Kenmore Brand
Guide Review - Kenmore 4-Burner Stainless Steel Gas Grill Model# PG-40409S0L
A good stainless steel gas grill will cost thousands, this one costs $350USD. Guess how good the stainless steel is? Regardless of that, this is a very typical gas grill and you can find many like it in most big box stores. The 4-burner design with side burner has become the most common configuration of mass market grills. What Sears' and Permasteel believe is that you will be impressed by how shiny this grill looks and that most people think that stainless steel lasts forever. It doesn't. All I can really say about this grill is, don't be fooled and if you happen to be looking at this grill some day, lift the lid and give it a twist. You will be able to feel how much quality this grill has.