This all-purpose barbecue sauce gets its kick from Kentucky's famous bourbon. It's great with almost any barbecued meat.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup Kentucky bourbon
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- Combine the ketchup, brown sugar, cider vinegar, pineapple juice, bourbon, molasses, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce and salt and pepper in a medium saucepan. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium-low heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, or until the sauce reaches desired thickness.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let cool. When cooled, taste and adjust seasoning. Use the sauce right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||0 g|