|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 34g||44%|
|Saturated Fat 16g||82%|
|Total Carbohydrate 6g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||3%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Vitamin C 13mg||64%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Chicken bacon ranch casserole is a low-carb, keto dish that will satisfy all of your cheesy, bacon cravings. The star of this dish is the cauliflower rice, which helps you feel full and satisfied without going over your macros.
There’s only a few ingredients involved in creating this dish and many you can buy premade. Speed things up with leftover chicken breast or rotisserie chicken. You can buy frozen cauliflower rice instead of cooking it yourself to save time and frustration. You can use it straight out of the bag if you buy it frozen.
This entire meal only takes 4 steps and under an hour to prepare. It’s a one pan meal, so assembly and clean up are a breeze. You can serve a side salad to round out the meal. Plus, it’s a great way to get little ones to eat cauliflower, too!
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup ranch dressing
1/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup chicken broth
2 cups shredded chicken
1 1/2 cups cauliflower rice, cooked or frozen
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled, divided
Kosher salt, to taste
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup chopped scallions
Steps to Make It
Gather your ingredients. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
Whisk together the softened cream cheese, ranch dressing, heavy cream, and chicken broth in a large bowl until well combined. Make sure the cream cheese is softened for the easiest mixing.
Add in the shredded chicken, cauliflower rice, and half each of the cheddar cheese and bacon. Stir until the ingredients are all incorporated and the sauce coats the chicken and cauliflower rice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Grease a large casserole dish, about 9-x 13-inch. Pour in the chicken mixture into the prepared casserole dish and use a spatula to spread it into an even layer. Top with the remaining cheese and bacon crumbles.
Bake for 35 minutes or until the casserole is heated through, bubbly, and golden brown on top.
Top with chopped scallions and serve immediately.
- Add in chopped broccoli florets along with or in place of the cauliflower rice.
- You can use a variety of cheese or try something spicy like pepper jack.
- If you’re not looking to cut carbs you can sub in real rice, cubed potatoes, or pasta for the cauliflower rice. They need to be cooked before adding them to the casserole for the best result.
- Make your own homemade ranch dressing if you wish.
- Substitute a keto barbecue sauce for the ranch dressing, or in addition to the ranch dressing for even more flavor.
- Add in sauteed onions and garlic or a 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder and or garlic powder for an added pop of flavor.