|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 32g||41%|
|Saturated Fat 20g||101%|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||9%|
|Total Sugars 7g|
|Vitamin C 2mg||11%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
It’s pumpkin spice everything season and no fall is complete without at least one PSL. This keto-friendly version is lower in sugar and fits right in with your fall cravings and your diet. You’ll love this “sweet” treat if you love pumpkin pie and cinnamon.
It’s made with espresso, pumpkin, and spices along with your choice of milk and erythritol to sweeten it all up. In line with the keto diet, it leaves out sugar and is very low in carbohydrates. The classic Starbucks pumpkin spice latte actually contains no pumpkin, but our version uses a little pumpkin puree. The pumpkin has no adverse effect on the texture of the latte and it gives it great flavor and creaminess.
We topped it off with homemade whipped cream. Sub the sugar for an equal amount of erythritol to keep everything keto, or use a little bit of keto simple syrup. You can feel good about enjoying this diet-friendly latte and save money, too—it also costs a fraction of a coffee shop pumpkin spice latte.
2 shots espresso
2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup whole milk
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 tablespoon erythritol
Whipped cream, for garnish
Ground cinnamon, for garnish
Steps to Make It
Gather the ingredients.
Add the prepared espresso to a small saucepan. The espresso can be prepared hours ahead of time or fresh. Whisk in the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, whole milk, pumpkin spice, and erythritol. Heat until steaming, then remove from the stove.
Froth the contents with a hand-held frother. You can also whisk vigorously. Just be careful not to splash yourself as you are stirring.
Top with prepared whipped cream and a little cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice and serve immediately.
- When you prepare the whipped cream use our whipped cream recipe, but replace the sugar with an equal amount of erythritol. You can also leave out the sweetener altogether.
- If you don’t have a milk frother, you can use a whisk and just beat the mixture vigorously. Just make sure that the mixture is hot, this helps it to froth.
- Add more or less pumpkin pie spice depending on your taste.
- You can use other keto sweeteners if you wish. Try using monk fruit, stevia, or xylitol. All contain no sugar and are not processed the same way as sugar. With stevia, a little goes a very long way. You only need one teaspoon of stevia for every cup of sugar so use very little if using it in this latte. With xylitol and monk fruit, you can use about the same amount as you would with sugar or erythritol. You can start off with a small amount and add more to taste.
- You can substitute the heavy cream and milk for unsweetened coconut cream and coconut milk.