|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 28g||36%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||43%|
|Total Carbohydrate 13g||5%|
|Dietary Fiber 5g||16%|
|Total Sugars 3g|
|Vitamin C 0mg||0%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
These chips are the ideal keto-friendly replacement for your favorite corn tortilla variety. They’re crispy, crunchy, and perfect for dipping in guacamole, salsa, or queso. The chips are easy to make with only six ingredients and one bowl. The simple dough is rolled out and cut into chip shapes before a quick bake in the oven. They're so easy, you'll wonder why you've never made your own chips before.
This recipe makes a smaller batch of chips that will serve about two people. If you want to make more, you can double or triple the batch easily. Just use a bigger bowl and several baking sheets.
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tablespoon flaxseed meal
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Gather the ingredients.
Preheat the oven to 350 F. Melt the mozzarella cheese in a microwave-safe bowl in thirty-second increments, stirring in between until completed melted.
With a whisk or fork, quickly mix the dry ingredients into the melted mozzarella. You can whisk together the dry ingredients before adding them to the cheese if you want to make sure they are completed blended. Knead the ingredients with your hands until it forms a soft dough.
Since you can’t use flour to dust the surface, roll out the dough in between two sheets of parchment paper to prevent sticking. Roll out the dough as thin as you can. The thinner the dough, the thinner the chip. The chips will puff when baked.
Cut the dough into triangles using a pizza cutter. You can make them whatever size you like.
Place the triangles onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Make sure they are slightly apart from each other. All of the chips should fit on an average-size baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through until golden brown and crisp on both sides.
Allow them to cool slightly and serve with your favorite dips like guacamole, salsa, or queso.
- You can use part-skim or whole milk mozzarella cheese. Pre-shredded is totally fine and is even recommended for this recipe.
- If you are looking to keep the chips more golden in color, you can use golden flaxseed meal instead of regular flaxseed meal.
- Since the chips will puff up when they are baked, try to make the dough as thin as possible, less than 1/8th of an inch thick.
- If you are looking to store them and eat them later, just pop them back into a 350 F oven for a few minutes until hot and crispy again.
- Add taco seasoning for a taco-flavored chip.
- Add ranch seasoning if you want a ranch-flavored chip.