This is a great recipe for "red" slaw, which makes a perfect side dish for anything, but is particularly great for pulled pork. Try it either on the side or piled high on a pulled pork sandwich.
- 1 head cabbage
- 14 oz (400 mL) bottle Heinz ketchup
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 small jar pimentos
- 1 small jar dill pickle relish
- 1/2 cup (120 mL) sugar
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) chili powder
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) black pepper
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) salt
- Grate cabbage to the desired size.
- Add dill pickle relish and pimento. Mix all other ingredients together and add them to the grated cabbage/relish/pimento.
- Refrigerate slaw at least overnight.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||1 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||8 g|