This key lime cake is a moist and flavorful cake and a box of lemon cake mix makes it a super easy preparation. The cake is baked in one layer. An easy Key lime syrup is poured over the poked cake while it's still warm.
Key limes are smaller than Persian limes. They're slightly yellow and have a distinctive, tart flavor. Use Florida Key limes for best flavor. Key limes are used in everything from cocktails and pies to cheesecake and s'mores.
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 small box lemon instant pudding (approx. 3 ounces)
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- For the Key Lime Syrup/Glaze:
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/3 cup key lime juice
- Heat the oven to 325 F.
- Grease and flour a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat eggs; add water, oil, 2 tablespoons of lime juice, instant pudding and cake mix. Beat until well blended.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for approximately 45 to 55 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and 1/3 cup of lime juice. Stir or whisk until smooth.
- About 5 to 10 minutes after the cake comes out of the oven, prick the surface all over with a fork or skewer.
- Pour glaze over cake.
- Cool and serve the cake from the pan.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||10 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|