Kids' Valentine party food doesn't have to be fancy or time-consuming. With this easy kid's Valentine party menu, you can create sweet and savory treats that are quick to prepare and fun to eat. And these recipes are portable, making them perfect for both school and home Valentine's Day parties.
Sweet Kids Valentine's Day Party Recipes
You gotta love a holiday where chocolate is at the heart of the celebration. Here are some great sweet Valentine's Day treats:
- Valentine Cookies - These chocolate sugar cookies are cut into heart shapes, then dipped in pink candy melts and semisweet chocolate and covered with sprinkles.
Don't Miss: Best Valentine Cookie Recipes
- Valentine's Day Rice Crispy Treats Recipe - The classic rice crispy treats are flavored with chocolate, then cut into heart shapes and topped with a white chocolate glaze. The effect is dramatic, but these treats are easy enough to make with the kids.
- Red Velvet Cupcakes Recipe - What better way to celebrate Valentine's Day than with these festive red velvet cupcakes? They look perfect for the holiday and taste even better!
- Valentine Brownies Recipe - These chocolate raspberry brownies are decorated with powdered sugar hearts and Valentine's Day messages. You will need cookie stencils (available at your local craft store, such as Michaels) to make the powdered sugar hearts and messages.
- Hidden Hershey Kiss Cookies Recipe - These kiss cookies have a special surprise inside - Hershey kisses. If you eat these cookies right out of the oven, the kisses will be warm and melty. Kids love these cookies.
Savory Kids Valentine's Day Party Food
Although Valentine's Day is definitely all about the sweets, you may want to have some savory Valentine party food, too. Here are some great recipes that are perfect for kids:
- Crockpot Chex Party Mix Recipe - This recipe is one of my favorite versions of the classic Chex party mix because you just dump everything in the Crockpot and come back later to a great treat the kids will love.
- Cocktail Meatballs with Jelly - This is another classic party food that kids seem to really love. You can double or even triple the recipe, depending on how many kids will be at your Valentine's Day party.
- Bologna and Cheese Rollups - These bite-sized treats are just the right sizes for little hands to hold. They make a great lunch food for kids, too.