Need a cheap meal to toss in the slow cooker? This Kielbasa Casserole is a perfect choice and it's a recipe your family will love.
Kielbasa is a white Polish sausage that is typically made with pork shoulder, garlic, and marjoram. It's a fantastic sausage that is versatile for a variety of dishes and it's one of the least expensive sausage options at the market. Of course, if you're feeling crafty, you can always make your own kielbasa.
In this casserole dish, kielbasa is paired with hash browns and two cans of soup. Simply toss it all in your slow cooker in the morning and a delicious meal will greet you just in time for dinner.
- 1 package turkey kielbasa or smoked sausage
- 1 bag frozen Potatoes O'Brien (with onions and peppers), thawed
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) cheddar cheese soup
- Grease the inside of the slow cooker.
- Slice kielbasa into 1-inch rounds.
- Put the kielbasa in the slow cooker with the remaining ingredients; stir to blend.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
More Kielbasa Recipes to Try
Once you realize just how easy it is to cook with kielbasa and enjoy the savings, you'll be stocking the sausage regularly. Let's explore a few more delicious meals you can make with it.
- Slow Cooker Kielbasa and Sauerkraut - Polish sausage and sauerkraut in a single dish? It's a perfectly themed Polish meal and it is tasty.
- Crock Pot Kielbasa and Cabbage - Instead of sauerkraut, add fresh cabbage to the slow cooker and enjoy this amazing and easy meal for supper.
- Low Country Boil with Kielbasa - 'Kielbasa' means sausage in Polish and it's the perfect addition to a seafood and corn boil that's a Southern favorite.
- Chicken Kielbasa Jambalaya - Use your kielbasa in this traditional jambalaya recipe. It's filled with vegetables, chicken, shrimp, rice, and hot sauce.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||53 g|
|Saturated Fat||27 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||17 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|