|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 6 portions (6 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 25g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||44%|
|Total Carbohydrate 28g||10%|
|Dietary Fiber 7g||25%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Grab your favorite smoked sausage, because it's time to cook up a great meal. This slow cooker recipe is simple and pairs kielbasa with fresh cabbage, potato, and onion. It's a wholesome family meal that everyone will enjoy.
This dish can be served on its own, or, to complete the meal, enjoy it with a simple side of rice or a home-baked beer rye bread.
- 1/2 head of cabbage (coarsely sliced)
- 1 medium potato (diced)
- 1 large onion (halved and thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds kielbasa (or a similar smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
Gather the ingredients.
Cut up the cabbage, potato, and onion and place them in the slow cooker.
Add the cut kielbasa along with the broth, salt, and caraway and mix it all together.
Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 9 hours, or HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
Serve with some sliced bread and enjoy!
- Kielbasa is a Polish pork sausage, though you might find a turkey kielbasa at the market as well.
- While it's preferred for this recipe and a great economical choice, feel free to use another smoked sausage if you have it. A smoked spicy andouille sausage would be excellent in this dish as well.
Other Kielbasa Meals You'll Enjoy
Kielbasa is one of the best-smoked sausages available for many reasons. First of all, it's relatively inexpensive, so it's a good choice for the budget conscious family.
The simple seasoning used in kielbasa makes it an ideal addition to everything from breakfast casseroles to sandwiches. You'll find that it is a tasty ingredient for any stew, soup, or roast you want to make as well. More dinner ideas for kielbasa include other recipes for the crockpot or slow cooker.