Grab your favorite smoked sausage because it's time to cook up a great meal. This slow cooker recipe is simple and pairs kielbasa with fresh cabbage, potato, and onion. It's a wholesome family meal that everyone will enjoy.
Kielbasa is a Polish pork sausage, though you might find a turkey kielbasa at the market as well. While it's preferred for this recipe and a great economical choice, feel free to use another smoked sausage if you have it. A smoked spicy andouille sausage would be excellent in this dish as well.
This dish can be served on its own. To complete the meal, enjoy it with a simple side of rice or a home-baked beer rye bread.
- 1/2 head of cabbage, coarsely sliced
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1 large onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds kielbasa or a similar smoked sausage, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons caraway seeds, if desired
- Cut up the cabbage, potato, and onion and place them in the slow cooker.
- Add the cut kielbasa along with the broth, salt, and caraway and mix it all together.
- Cover and cook on low for 7 to 9 hours, or high for 3 to 4 hours.
More Kielbasa Meals You'll Enjoy
Kielbasa is one of the best-smoked sausages available for many reasons. First of all, it's relatively inexpensive, so it's a good choice for the budget-conscious family.
The simple seasoning used in kielbasa makes it an ideal addition to everything from breakfast casseroles to sandwiches. You'll find that it is a tasty ingredient for any stew or soup you want to make as well.
If you're looking for a few more dinner ideas for kielbasa, check out one of these recipes.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||25 g|
|Saturated Fat||9 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Dietary Fiber||7 g|