This well-seasoned casserole is a big family favorite. Use Cheddar cheese or a Mexican cheese blend in this great-tasting chicken casserole. You can put this king ranch casserole together earlier in the day, then cover and refrigerate until you're ready to bake. Serve with a tossed salad for an easy and fabulous family meal.
- 6 chicken breast halves, cooked and diced
- 12 corn tortillas, cut into quarters or strips
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- dash cayenne pepper
- 2/3 cup chicken broth,divided
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar cheese or a Cheddar Jack blend
- Heat the oven to 350° F (180° C/Gas 4).
- Pour about 1/3 cup of the chicken broth over the bottom of a lightly greased 13x9-inch baking pan.
- Combine the onion, pepper, the remaining 1/3 cup of broth, soups, and tomatoes; stir to blend.
- Layer half of the tortilla quarters or strips on the bottom, then half of the chicken and half of the soup and tomato mixture. Sprinkle with a little garlic powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Repeat layers. Spread the shredded cheese over the top.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with foil and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until hot and bubbly around the edges.
More Chicken Casserole Recipes
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||120 g|
|Saturated Fat||50 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||41 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|