- 1 1/2 cups bulghur wheat (fine or medium grade)
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 cucumber chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 3 tablespoons lemon
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons red pepper paste or tomato paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Red pepper to taste
- Boiling water (about 1 1/2 cups)
1. In a bowl, place bulgur wheat along with enough boiling water to cover. Allow to sit for about 15 minutes.
2.Chop the veggies.
3. Combine red pepper/tomato paste with veggies, herbs and spice. Mix well.
4. Drain bulgur wheat from water and place on towel. Squeeze out excess water. Combine with red pepper paste and mix well.
5. Cover and refrigerate a few hours before serving. Serve with grape leaves, romaine lettuce leaves, and fresh pita bread.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||0 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|