The Bottom Line
This is a big, shiny, gas grill with the KitchenAid name stamped right in the middle of the lid. This 4-burner grill has a good side burner and a lot of shiny albeit low-grade stainless steel up front. While not entirely made of this type of stainless, this grill will certainly catch the eye. And this is the point of the KitchenAid brand name and all that shiny metal, to fool the consumer into thinking that they are getting something they are not: a high-quality stainless steel gas grill.
- Complete stainless steel construction
- Not designed, made, or supported by KitchenAid
- Many stainless parts are very thin
- Low-grade stainless steel construction
- Low heat output
- Four 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 581 square inches of primary cooking area for a total of 775 square inches of grilling space
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 12,000 BTU standard style brass capped side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Stainless steel coated rod cooking grates
- Complete low-grade stainless steel construction
- Full cover included
- Propane tank and rotisserie kit sold separately
- Made in China by Nexgrill with a licensed name from KitchenAid
Guide Review - KitchenAid 30-Inch 4-Burner Gas Grill Model# 720-0745B
Just to be clear, this grill is made by a company called Nexgrill Industries. They have licensed the use of the KitchenAid name for use on a number of their grills available at several retailers. KitchenAid plays no role in this grill and anyone buying it for the name stamped on the front is being deceived.
Aside from that, this KitchenAid 4-Burner isn't necessarily a bad grill. The burners are stainless steel and covered by a 10-year warranty. The heat output is good, not fantastic, but good enough for most grilling tasks. The design is good and it even comes with a side burner for those who will use it. The overall construction is lightweight and the stainless steel body parts are lower grade though most of the grill is painted steel, which will rust if scratched.
There are better, more basic grills in this price range, but it isn't a bad choice as long as it isn't being bought because of the brand name on the lid. It should also be noted that the stainless steel on this grill will not retain a high polish finish for very long.