Another spiralized salad, because we can’t get enough of them. How pretty are these vegetables? Of course if you don’t have a spiralizer you can thinly slice all of the vegetables and, then for the kohlrabi, cut the thin slices crosswise into matchsticks.
Kohlrabi is an awesome vegetable, crunchy or cooked, and every time I eat it raw – fresh and amazing, making me feel like I’m the healthiest person on earth – I think to myself, “Why don’t I eat this every day?” Check out more ways to use this vegetable below. The three vegetables in this Kohlrabi, Zucchini and Cucumber Salad are perfect for spiralizing because they are large and dense and hold up to the blade to create beautiful looking curls. You should feel free to try out other vegetables you like with your spiralizer, and it's a fun experiment to see if they can hold up to the test.
I tested out many different spiralizers and found my top three favorites -- and you can check them out here. It's a great way to get the kids involved, but honestly who doesn't get amused by watching vegetables transform into strands of noodle? Also check out my other spiralizer recipes here.
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 3 pieces
- 1 kohlrabi, peeled and halved
- ½ seedless cucumber
- Mustard Horseradish Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons neutral vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Spiralize all of the vegetables. You can use different blades, or all the same one, it is really up to you.
- In a small container mix together the Dijon mustard, mayo, garlic, rice vinegar, vegetable oil, and salt and pepper.
- Place the vegetables and dressing in a bowl, and toss together to combine.
Because once you start, it'll be hard to stop. Here are other spiralizer recipes to try:
Spiralizer Vegetable Frittata
Spiralizer Asian Chicken Vegetable Soup
Spiralized Cheesy Butternut Squash and Carrot Casserole with Chicken
Not sure what else to do with your kohlrabi? Try making:
Spring Greens Salad with Kohlrabi and Golden Beets
Kohlrabi, Green Cabbage, and Broccoli Rabe Slaw
Asian Kohlrabi and Apple Slaw
Light Green Crunchy Salad
Also try these salad and salad dressings, and experiment to make them your own:
Chopped Salad with Chicken, Tomatoes and Lemon Thyme Dressing
Classic Vinaigrette (aka Salad Dressing)
Japanese Restaurant Salad Dressing
Vegetable and Brown Rice Salad with Honey Lemon Dressing
Pea Shoot Salad with Shrimp, Goat Cheese and Citrus Vinaigrette
Spicy Greens Salad with Gochujang Dressing
Simplest Tomato, Corn, Basil and Mozzarella Pasta Salad