Tsukudani are simmered Japanese dishes flavored with soy sauce based soup. They are usually salty. Leftover kombu from making dashi can be used to make this side dish.
- 1 ounce hydrated kombu
- 1 tablespoon sake
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sesame seeds
- Cut leftover kombu into thin strips.
- Put kombu, sake, and rice vinegar in a small pan.
- Pour some water enough to cover kombu.
- Bring to a boil and simmer kombu on low heat until softened.
- Add soy sauce and sugar.
- Simmer until liquid is gone.
- Stop the heat.
- Mix white sesame seeds in.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||2 g|
|Dietary Fiber||4 g|