This is the traditional marinade recipe for Korean Bulgogi, which is a marinated steak cut into strips and served up on lettuce leaves or rice. This is also a great marinade for any cut of beef.
- 1/2 cup/120 milliliters soy sauce
- 1/3 cup/80 milliliters sugar
- 3 tablespoons/45 milliliters sake (or rice wine or sherry)
- 2 tablespoons/30 milliliters sesame oil
- 8 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 scallions (minced)
- 2 tablespoons/30 milliliters toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 milliliters black pepper
Heat sesame oil in a small saucepan. Add garlic and cook for 1 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, except green onions, and let the sauce cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes, or until sugar has dissolved completely. Add green onions, promptly remove from heat and let the mix cool completely before using as a marinade.
Note: To toast sesame seeds place them in a hot saute pan and gently toss until they start to brown.
This takes just a few seconds. Pour off into a bowl.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||37 g|
|Saturated Fat||5 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||14 g|
|Dietary Fiber||11 g|