|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 37g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 5g||27%|
|Total Carbohydrate 146g||53%|
|Dietary Fiber 11g||40%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
This is the traditional marinade recipe for Korean Bulgogi, which is a marinated steak cut into strips and served up on lettuce leaves or rice. This is also a great marinade for any cut of beef.
This marinade is used to make bulgogi or Korean sesame beef. It can be served with a spicy dipping sauce. This is a really easy dish to make for anyone who is beginning to explore Korean cuisine. Bulgogi is a very versatile dish as it can be the star of your meal or just a simple and tasty appetizer.
- 1/2 cup/120 milliliters soy sauce
- 1/3 cup/80 milliliters sugar
- 3 tablespoons/45 milliliters sake (or rice wine or sherry)
- 2 tablespoons/30 milliliters sesame oil
- 8 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 scallions (minced)
- 2 tablespoons/30 milliliters toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 milliliters black pepper
Heat sesame oil in a small saucepan.
Add garlic and cook for one minute.
Add remaining ingredients, except green onions, and let the sauce cook over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved completely.
Add green onions, promptly remove from heat and let the mix cool completely before using as a marinade.
- To toast sesame seeds place them in a hot saute pan and gently toss until they start to brown. This takes just a few seconds. Pour off into a bowl.