|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: About 1 1/2 cups (6 servings)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 4g||5%|
|Saturated Fat 1g||3%|
|Total Carbohydrate 22g||8%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||5%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
There is no arguing that Korean-style beef ribs (Bulgalbi) are delicious. This marinade provides these ribs with a fantastic sweet yet pungent flavor so reminiscent of Asian cuisine. Use this marinade as a sauce as well. See instructions for more infromation.
- 1/2 cup/120 mL soy sauce
- 1/4 cup/60 mL honey
- 2-3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 3 scallions (green onions, chopped)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL sherry
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons/30 mL sesame (seeds, toasted)
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL ginger (fresh grated)
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL black pepper
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL pepper flakes
- Gather the ingredients.
- In a small saucepan, add soy sauce, sesame oil, and honey. Bring to a good simmer, reduce heat to a low simmer and add sherry, ginger, black pepper, and pepper flakes. After one minute, remove from heat and allow marinade to cool 20 minutes before adding chopped scallions and roasted sesame seeds.
- To use, place ribs in a resealable plastic bag and pour cooled marinade over top. Seal bag and place into the refrigerator for 4-24 hours.
- To make a serving sauce, simply make two batches. Follow instructions above for the marinade. With the second batch, follow above instructions but simmer on low for 8-10 minutes, stirring often. The sauce will reduce a bit. If it still remains to runny after simmering, combine 1 tablespoon/15 mL of water with 2 teaspoons/10 mL cornstarch. Bring mixture up to a high simmer and pour in mixture, whisking for 30 seconds. The sauce will thicken quickly. Remove from heat and use as needed.