Although Koreans are most famous for their love of short ribs, you'll never have leftovers with these delicious spareribs, which you can learn to whip up with this recipe. The ribs are tender and a little bit sweet but sticky and spicy.
As you make the dish, note the difference between Korean-style spareribs and American-style ribs.
- Heat up water in a large pot.
- Simmer ribs for about 30 minutes.
- When they are cool, put ribs, cut side up, into a shallow glass or ceramic dish.
- Mix all the seasonings together to make the marinade.
- Pour mixture over meat, coating thoroughly.
- Turn meat cut side down, cover and marinate for at least two hours. Can also marinate overnight.
- Heat a grill or preheat oven to 400 F.
- Cook the meat on the grill or in the oven (meat-side up) for 25 to 30 minutes, turning several times and basting with marinade.
- The meat should be very tender. Depending on the thickness of the meat on the bones, you might need to cook the ribs for a longer or shorter time.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||4 g|
|Saturated Fat||1 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|