Krista Garcia is a freelance writer specializing in food, drink, and travel. Her work has appeared in Eater, Taste, Serious Eats, and more.
- Krista has written for The Spruce Eats since January 2021.
- Her work has appeared in Eater, Taste, Serious Eats, New York Magazine, and The Washington Post.
- She has a Master’s degree in Information and Library Science from the Pratt Institute in NYC.
An old-school blogger, Krista maintained a food blog for close to two decades, while freelancing for numerous publications and traveling to Southeast Asia as much as possible. After 20 years spent in NYC, with a long stint in the food mecca of Queens, she moved back to her hometown of Portland to explore the local food scene.
Krista has a Master’s degree in Information and Library Science from the Pratt Institute in New York City, as well as a BFA in Printmaking from the Pacific Northwest College of Art in Portland, Oregon.
- People Are Making Blooming Marshmallow Flowers That Open in Hot Cocoa, MSN.com
- Target Is Selling Stained Glass Light Bulbs for Under $10, A Taste of Home
- This Genius Hack Shows You How to Cut Bread Without Smashing It, Reader's Digest
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.