|Nutrition Facts (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 3g||4%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||8%|
|Total Carbohydrate 44g||16%|
|Dietary Fiber 4g||13%|
|Total Sugars 35g|
|Vitamin C 24mg||120%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
When you have a bottle of pear vodka and need a refreshing cocktail to use it in, the sparkling shamrock is an excellent choice. While it was originally designed as a St. Patrick's Day drink, it is fantastic any day of the year. With all its fresh ingredients, it's particularly delightful for spring and summer affairs.
This delicious drink recipe was developed by Grey Goose to feature the brand's La Poire Vodka. It pairs the pear-flavored vodka with fresh cucumber and lemon, as well as the lovely herbal accents of elderflower and mint. You can top it with freshly squeezed lemonade or give it an effervescent touch with club soda. Either way, it mixes up quickly and is a wonderful way to enjoy a lazy afternoon.
Gather the ingredients.
In a cocktail shaker, muddle two cucumber slices with the lemon juice and simple syrup to release all the cucumber's juice.
Add the pear vodka and elderflower liqueur. Fill the shaker with ice.
Shake vigorously and double strain into a highball glass over fresh ice
Top with lemonade or club soda.
Garnish with mint, the remaining cucumber slice, and a lemon twist. Serve and enjoy.
- Double straining is essential to capture all the bits of cucumber (especially the seeds) and keep your drink clean. Simply pour the drink through a fine mesh strainer as well as your regular strainer.
- Fresh lemon juice is definitely recommended to create a better sparkling shamrock. One average-sized lemon should yield as much as 1 3/4 ounces of juice, so you'll have plenty for a few drinks.
- Cut the lemon zest before juicing the fruit to maximize usage and reduce waste. You can do a straight strip or create a lovely twist. Give the peel a gentle squeeze over the drink to express its essence for a subtle flavor accent.
- Pour equal parts of club soda and lemonade or use a sparkling lemonade.
- You could also finish the drink off with your favorite sparkling wine. A Champagne rosé would be a fabulous choice, though Prosecco is always a great budget-friendly option.
How Strong Is a Sparkling Shamrock?
Grey Goose bottles their flavored vodkas at a full 80-proof, which is one reason why the flavors are pronounced and perfect for mixing. And yet, the sparkling shamrock is a delightfully mild cocktail. On average, it should mix up in the 10 percent ABV (20 proof) range. That's typical for highball mixed drinks and even lighter than most wines.