Lacey Muinos has been with Dotdash since 2019. She started writing for Verywell Fit and has since written for Simply Recipes and The Spruce Eats. Her role involves conducting interviews with experts like dermatologists and dietitians, scouring scientific journals for relevant studies, and fact checking all information in her writing.
- 6+ years of professional experience writing about food, nutrition, fitness, skin care, sleep, mental health, and other wellness topics
- Owner of Guide to Vegan, a blog inspired by her long-time plant-based lifestyle
- Her work has appeared on LIVESTRONG, Healthline, Psych Central, Verywell Fit, EltaMD, Nature Made, and more
In 2017, Lacey Muinos graduated from college a semester early. She earned her degree in English in just 3.5 years. Shortly after, she landed her first full-time position as a Content Manager at a skin care startup in Southern California.
Her career led her to pursuing digital media. She began writing online content for well-known brands and publications.
With her experience in skin care, Lacey pursued writing in beauty and skin health. Her personal interest in clean beauty led her to writing for The Good Face Project.
Around this time, Lacey also became passionate about her vegan diet and healthy lifestyle. This led her down a rabbit hole of learning about nutrition, fitness, and other health topics. She applied this knowledge to her work in writing for LIVESTRONG, Healthline, InBody, and more.
Lacey started writing for Dotdash in 2019. She has written for Verywell Fit, Simply Recipes, and The Spruce Eats.
Since then, she has also written for brands like EltaMD, Nature Made, DivaCup, and Girl Scouts USA.
Lacey holds a B.A. in English from California State Polytechnic University, Pomona where she studied literature and writing. Her higher education is the backbone of her researching abilities, allowing her to turn dense scientific jargon into digestible articles.
- 15 Tempeh Recipes for a Boost of Plant-Based Protein, Verywell Fit
- The Best Food for Dry Skin: Hydrating on the Inside and Out, EltaMD
- 25 Best Vegan Protein Sources for Plant-Based Diets, Guide to Vegan
About The Spruce Eats
The Spruce Eats, a Dotdash brand, is a food and drink website offering more than 15,000 tested recipes, 1,200 how-to videos, informative articles, trustworthy product recommendations, and the inspiration to help you make your best meal. Learn more about us and our editorial process.