The combination of the mustard, orange and thyme really makes these lamb chops fantastic. Place the chops on a hot grill until just cooked through (or more, as desired). Allow them to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- 12 small loin lamb chops
- 2/3 cup (160 mL) Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) minced orange zest
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) fresh thyme leaves
- 1 to 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons (20 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) black pepper
1. Trim excess fat from lamb chops.
2. Mix orange zest, garlic, salt, pepper and thyme into a paste. Add mustard and brown sugar. Mix together.
3. Preheat grill for high heat. Brush about half of the mixture onto each side of the chops and place on a very hot grill for about 2 minutes per side. Turn and brush the other half of the mixture onto the chops. Continue cooking until done. Lamb is cooked at 145 degrees F, but for a rarer level of doneness, take them off the grill at 135 degrees F.
4. Cover and allow the chops to rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||15 g|
|Saturated Fat||6 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||6 g|
|Dietary Fiber||3 g|