These lamb chops are broiled and served with a delicious sour cream sauce. The creaminess of the sauce complements the juicy chops by adding the flavors of onion, mushroom and thyme.
- 8 loin lamb chops, 1-inch thick
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 ounces fresh sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Dash dried leaf thyme, crushed
- Dash salt, or to taste
- Dash ground black pepper
- Broil lamb chops to desired doneness*, turning once to broil both sides. While lamb chops are broiling, make the sauce.
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, melt butter; sauté onion and mushrooms until tender.
- Add sour cream, milk, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Cook and stir until heated through; do not boil. Serve sauce with broiled lamb chops.
*For 1-inch lamb chops, broil a total of 12 minutes for medium. For well-done lamb chops, broil about 18 minutes.
More Lamb Chops
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||114 g|
|Saturated Fat||49 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||46 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|