If you love gyros, you will love these succulent lamb sliders. Not only are they easy to prepare, but packed full of flavor. These are great game days gatherings, family dinners, and cookouts.
- 2 1/2 pounds/1.1 g ground lamb
- juice of 1 lemon, plus 1 1/2 teaspoons/7.5 mL lemon zest
- 7-8 mint leaves, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon/10 mL Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoon/7.5 mL dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL onion powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons/12.5 mL sea salt
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL black pepper
- 14-16 slider buns or small dinner rolls
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin rings (optional)
- For Yogurt Sauce:
- 2 1/2 cups/600 mL Greek yogurt
- 1 small cucumber, seeded and grated
- 1/2 cup/120 mL feta crumbles
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL salt
Gather the ingredients.
To prepare yogurt sauce, combine all sauce ingredients in medium bowl. Make sure to squeeze grated cucumber, to release excess liquid before adding to mixture. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator. Sauce can be made 1 to 6 hours in advance.
Preheat grill for medium-high heat. To prepare burgers, combine ground lamb with lemon juice, zest, Worcestershire sauce, mint, onion powder, minced garlic, oregano, paprika salt and pepper. Form into 14 to 16 small patties, a little bigger than the buns. Place patties onto grill and cook for 4 to 5 minutes per side. Once cooked through, remove from heat, placed onto slider buns and top with yogurt sauce and red onion rings.