- Freelance writer, cocktail recipe book author, and contributor to many publications
- Certified Specialist in Spirits
- Award-winning mixologist at some of the most respected and notable restaurants in Portland, Oregon
- On-air personality for two radio stations discussing spirits
Lance J. Mayhew is a former writer for The Spruce, contributing articles and recipes for three years. He was a bartender and bar manager for over 16 years. During his time behind the bar, Lance received numerous accolades for his creative and seasonal cocktail creations. He was a restaurant management instructor at Oregon Culinary Institute in Portland Oregon and a Certified Specialist of Spirits.
In his free time, Lance runs his own spirits, cocktails, food and wine blog and freelances for print and web publications focusing on spirits and cocktails. Additionally, Lance founded and was the president of the first independent craft bartenders guild in America. During his time in Portland, Lance has been associated with such respected establishments as Beaker & Flask, Meriwether’s restaurant, 50 Plates restaurant, Branch Whiskey bar, and the acclaimed Urban Farmer restaurant at the Nines Hotel. He frequently teaches mixology and spirits seminars in the Pacific Northwest, to groups as diverse as Culinary Institute of America to the Oregon Restaurant Association, as well as serving as a beverage program consultant for bars and restaurants throughout the country.
Lance J. Mayhew attended the Western Culinary Institute. He is a Certified Specialist of Spirits.
Awards and Publications
- Named one of America’s “Ten Trendsetting Mixologists” in 2008 by the Beverage Network
- Twice selected to attend the Grand Marnier/Navan Mixology Summit featuring the nations top 100 bartenders.
- Host of the "Liquid Lunch" segment of Terry Boyd's World on KPAM and featured on-air bartender in residence on KGON.
- Chilled Magazine
- Imbibe Magazine
- Tasting Panel Magazine
- Mutineer Magazine
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.