Lanie's seafood mixture includes a combination of shrimp, scallops, crab, and/or chunks of lobster. Good quality imitation crab may be used as well.
Chopped tomatoes, garlic, dry white wine, and parsley make up the sauce. Toss the seafood sauce with linguine or a similar pasta.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large onion chopped
- 6 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup parsley (fresh chopped)
- 2 to 3 pounds cooked or raw shrimp, crab, lobster, scallops (whatever combination or just one - sometimes I buy the imitation crab)
- 1 pound linguine (cooked as directed on the package)
- In a large skillet, heat butter and oil - cook the onion and garlic until translucent, stirring frequently.
- Add the wine; cook until liquid has evaporated and vegetables are golden.
- Reduce the heat; add tomatoes, spices, salt, and pepper.
- Add the seafood of your choice (scallops and raw shrimp take about 5 minutes to cook in sauce).
- Serve the sauce over hot cooked pasta.
Lanie's note: Crab, shrimp, and a can of lobster meat is great, but basically, any combination works.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|