|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 136g||174%|
|Saturated Fat 87g||433%|
|Total Carbohydrate 168g||61%|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||1%|
|Total Sugars 150g|
|Vitamin C 7mg||33%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
Cream and honey make any recipe richer and more luscious, and when lavender is added, it becomes an elegant dish. This lavender honey ice cream recipe takes the winning flavor combination and makes it even more luxurious with the addition of infused lavender buds. Simply put, this lavender ice cream is dreamy.
You do need to chill the mixture for an hour and then freeze it in an ice cream maker, but otherwise, this recipe comes together quickly.
Add the heavy cream, milk, honey, and lavender to a medium saucepan set over medium heat. Stirring occasionally, cook until the lavender cream mixture is steaming.
Check to see that the honey is completely dissolved into the cream and then remove the pan from the heat. Allow it to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes.
Using a fine-mesh sieve, strain the lavender cream and discard the solids.
Chill the mixture for 1 hour and then freeze it in an ice-cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Serve in bowls or cones and enjoy.
What Does Lavender Taste Like?
As expected, lavender has a floral taste, but it also contributes a hint of mint to recipes. Keep in mind that a little goes a long way and it can overpower a dish. Because lavender contains linalool, some people find it has a soapy taste while others feel it is calming.
- To speed up the chilling process after straining the ice cream mixture, you can place the bowl in a larger bowl of ice water. Stir the mixture until it has chilled completely.
- You can make the custard a day ahead and keep it in the refrigerator. Then place in the ice cream maker to freeze.
- This honey lavender ice cream can be stored in the freezer and will keep for up to one week.
- Because this ice cream recipe is egg-free, it is safe for those with egg allergies.
- For a deep purple color, you can add some natural purple food coloring.
How to Make Without an Ice Cream Maker
If you don't have an ice cream maker, you can still make this delicious ice cream (as well as other recipes). You will need a metal or glass bowl (metal freezes faster), a whisk or electric mixer, and the freezer. The basic method is to freeze for 20 to 30 minutes, remove and whisk/mix, and then return to the freezer, continuing to stir every 20 or 30 minutes until it is thick, firm, and has reached the desired texture.