This butterscotch delight is made with layers of cookie crumbs or graham cracker crumbs, sweetened cream cheese, whipped topping, and butterscotch pudding. It's similar to this chocolate delight dessert, and it's always a hit!
- 1 1/2 cups gingersnap crumbs or other cookie crumbs or regular or cinnamon graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 container (8 ounces) Cool Whip whipped topping (thawed)
- 2 packages (4 serving size) instant butterscotch pudding
- 3 1/2 cups cold milk
- Optional: chopped pecans (or toasted coconut for garnish)
Heat the oven to 375 F (190 C/Gas 5).
Combine gingersnap crumbs, 1/4 cup sugar, and melted butter. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of a 9-by-13-by-2-inch baking pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 8 minutes. Remove to a rack to cool completely.
In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with 1/4 cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons of milk until smooth and well blended. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread the mixture over the crust.
Prepare the instant butterscotch pudding as directed on package, but use 3 1/2 cups of milk. Spoon the pudding over the cream cheese layer.
Cover the pan and refrigerate the butterscotch delight dessert for 3 to 4 hours, or until thoroughly chilled.
Spread remaining whipped topping over the pudding layer just before serving. If desired, sprinkle with chopped pecans or toasted coconut.
- Top the dessert off with a sprinkling of toasted coconut or chopped pecans.