An easy ground beef casserole with potatoes, celery, onions, peppers, and tomatoes, along with seasonings. It's an easy everyday meal. Just pop it in the oven and bake.
This is a versatile casserole as well. Add a layer of corn, green beans, or thinly sliced carrots. If the beef is not lean, brown it first and discard the drippings.
- 2 cups peeled, thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped green bell pepper or mixture of green and red bell pepper
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Garnish: bell pepper rings
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
- Seasoning each layer lightly with salt and pepper, layer the thinly sliced potatoes, celery, ground beef, onions, bell pepper, and diced tomatoes in the baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper and top with bell pepper rings.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.
|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||2 g|
|Unsaturated Fat||3 g|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g|