|Nutritional Guidelines (per serving)|
|Servings: 8 Servings|
|Amount per serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 6g||8%|
|Saturated Fat 2g||12%|
|Total Carbohydrate 12g||4%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
|*The % Daily Value (DV) tells you how much a nutrient in a food serving contributes to a daily diet. 2,000 calories a day is used for general nutrition advice.|
An easy ground beef casserole with potatoes, celery, onions, peppers, and tomatoes, along with seasonings. It's an easy everyday meal. Just pop it in the oven and bake.
This is a versatile casserole as well. Add a layer of corn, green beans, or thinly sliced carrots. If the beef is not lean, brown it first and discard the drippings.
- 2 cups peeled, thinly sliced potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped celery
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1/2 to 1 cup chopped green bell pepper or mixture of green and red bell pepper
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- Garnish: bell pepper rings
Preheat the oven to 350 F.
Grease a 2 1/2-quart baking dish.
Seasoning each layer lightly with salt and pepper, layer the thinly sliced potatoes, celery, ground beef, onions, bell pepper, and diced tomatoes in the baking dish.
Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper and top with bell pepper rings.
Cover the baking dish with foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.